Friday, March 8, 2013

February Vacations

(Faites descendre l'écran pour lire mon blog en français)
If you find my writing to be more choppy than usual, know that I do too. I challenged myself this time around. I first wrote my blog in French, had it edited by my host sister, then directly translated my French for my English speaking friends. I didn't want to add too many details that I hadn't written in French. #Sorrynotsorry. Enjoy!

Monday was my first day back at  school after three weeks of vacation. Three weeks! Normally there are only two weeks each vacation but I traveled with my school a week before vacations started. We went to La Plagne in the Alps. I already had my second star in skiing but was placed with the beginners. Monday, the eleventh of February, we skied three hours in the morning and two hours in the afternoon. That night music was played in a big room where all the kids could hang out.
Tuesday morning I asked if I could move to the second level ski group. It was great! We skied on blue and red slopes and even a little bit on the black slope. I started to make some friends, a little. It was hard to really make friends at school because I was always with the other exchange students. That evening there was a soccer game in the snow.
Wednesday morning there weren't any lessons. Instead, everybody from my school skied together, well, in two groups. That afternoon I realized that I'm not scared anymore at all. At the beginning of a red slope, the other girls in my group would talk about how scared they were. I just saw a challenge. I was scared to find my own route down a slope in December, but now I get a thrill of finding my way down and seeing how fast I dare myself to go. That night was karaoke night.
Thursday was Valentine's day. In the States it's a big day, people buy  flowers, chocolates, and little presents  for the ones they love, but I found that it's forgotten here. It's a little sad. I didn't see little heart shaped chocolate boxes, balloons with "I love you" written on them, or even Valentine's day cards. There was a dance in the evening for the kids but it still didn't feel like Valentine's day. Oh well, not a big deal.
Friday was the last day of skiing. I earned my third star, now I hope that I can go skiing next year in the States. We came back to Bourges and I arrived home at almost 11pm. I unpacked my suitcase and repacked it right away for the next day.



Saturday morning, the beginning of my second week of vacation, I went to Versailles with my host family. My friend Amanda, who is American also, tagged along with us. After lunch at Macdonald's we went to the castle of Versailles. Our your guide was a cousin of the family. We saw the interior of the castle and Marie-Antoinette's little village. It was magnificent, I wanted to be in the 17th or 18th century wearing a large fancy dress. The castle is truly beautiful. We went back to the house of the mother of my host father. We celebrated his birthday. Amanda played the ukulele for everyone and I played one of the songs I've composed on the piano.
The next day morning, when everyone was at mass, Amanda and I explored the town of Saint Germain. (We were in a suburb of Paris.) I bought flowers for the grandmother. At lunch I met a sister of my host dad along with her husband and kids. Amanda confirmed that she thought my family is beautiful. In fact, a lot of people who see pictures of my host family think that they're beautiful. Aren't I lucky? ;) Anyway, later that day we returned to Bourges.
Monday morning Amanda went home (in France). I discovered that my family would be going to their vacation house in Mayet de Montagne. I rushed to pack my suitcase again. The vacation house was gorgeous, I had the impression that I was in a European movie. The house is giant, there is a tree house,  a swing, a pool, and three donkeys! It was the setting of a dream.
Tuesday I sled with my host brothers and sister who were there. (Charles, Etienne, and Benedicte.) Later we went to a small ski station. We ate lunch there and skied afterward.
The next day we woke up earlier to go to a larger ski station father away. Before we left my host mom received some bad news. Her aunt had died that morning. I was surprised we carried on with our day as planned. We skied between two and threes hours before lunch then again after lunch until closing. In the evening we returned the ski articles to the smaller ski station and went back to the vacation house.
Thursday we stayed at the house. I was able to help Benedicte with her math homework. I hope that I will be able to remember all the math that I learned last year. I am not taking a math class this year.
Friday, the end of my second week of vacation, we went back to Bourges and stayed there for the weekend. My host parents went to Rennes on Friday night for the burial of Anne-Catherine's aunt. They came back Saturday night with Anne-Catherine's mother.



We all left together Sunday to go to Rennes. The younger boys, Therese, Anne-Catherine, her mother, and I. My older host sister was already there. We stayed at this grandmother's house for the whole week. I saw the city of Rennes and I met lots of extended family members.
Thursday we celebrated the birthday of Anne-Cecile, my older host sister, at the house of my host mother's godmother. The next day we played a game of laser tag. That night Benedicte, Louis-Marie, and my host father joined us in Rennes.
Saturday we celebrated Anne-Cecile's birthday again. Later I asked my host mom if I could stay in her house until the beginning of June. She agreed! That makes four months with my first host family, five months with the second, and my last month I'll return to live with my first host family. I can't imagine having less time here. I love both of my families a lot and it will be hard to leave. I will cry, I know that already.
Sunday I came back to Bourges in the car with Louis-Marie and my host dad.
I realized that I only have four more months in this country. I will leave the end of June... it's much too soon. I feel like I can't leave these people. I've seen so many things and met so many people. I can't leave this place. Especially when I do not know when I will see my families again. The other exchange students neither. I hope that my families will be a part of my life for all of my life. They will have a piece of my heart.
Okay, well, the point of this post is to inform you, Miss/Misses/Mister Reader, that I was very busy during these past vacations, they were truly fantastic. I am very happy and ever so thankful for these opportunities.





Lundi etait ma premiere journee a l'ecole apres trois semaines de vacances. Trois semaines! Normalement, il n'y a que deux semaines les vacances mais j'ai voyager avec mon ecole une semaine avant les vacances. Nous sommes alles a La Plagne dans les Alpes. J'avais  deja ma deuxieme etoile mais j'etais avec les debutants. Lundi, le 11 fevrier, on a skie trois heures le matin et deux heures l'apres midi. Le soir il y avait de la musique dans une grande salle avec les jeunes.
Mardi matin j'ai demande si je pouvais aller avec des gens sur les pistes plus dur. C'etait genial! On a fait les pistes bleu et rouges et un peu d'une piste noir. Je commencais a me faire un peu d'amis. C'est dur de se faire des amis a l'ecole parce que je suis tout le temps avec les autres etudiants etranger. Le soir il y avait un jeu de football dans la neige.
Mercredi matin il n'y avait pas de lecons. Par contre tout le monde de mon ecole on skie ensemble, enfin, dans deux groupes. Cette apres midi j'ai realisee que je n'avais plus peur du tout. Au debut d'une piste rouge les autres filles dans mon groupe ont dit qu'elles avaient peur. Moi, je n'ai vu qu'un challenge. J'avais peur de descendre une pente en decembre mais maintenant j'ai un frisson quand je vois une pente et quand je vois comment je peux aller vite. Mercredi soir on a fait un karaoke.
Jeudi c'etait la fete de la Saint Valentin. Aux etats-unis c'est un grand jour. On achete des fleurs, des chocolats, et des petits cadeaux pour la personne qu'on aime, et j'ai trouve que c'etait un peu oublie ici. C'est     un peu triste. Je n'ai pas vu de petites boites en formes de coeurs, de ballons avec "je t'aime" ecrit dessus, ou de petites cartes de la Saint Valentin non plus. Le soir, on pouvait danser entre jeunes. Je n'ai pas tellement eu l'impression que c'etait la fete de le Saint Valentin. Bon, c'est pas grave.
Vendredi etait le dernier jour de ski. J'ai gagnee matroisieme etoile, maintenant j'espere que je peux skier l'annee prochaine aux etats-unis. On est rentre a Bourges et je suis arrivee chez moi presque a vingt-trois heure. J'ai defait ma valise est je la refait encore pour le lendemain.

Samedi matin, le debut de ma deuxieme semaine des vacances, je suis allee a Versaillles avec ma famille d'accueil. Mon amie Amanda, qui est americaine aussi, est venu avec nous. Apres le dejeuner a Mac do on es alle au Chateau de Versailles. Notre quide touristique etait un cousin de ma famille d'accueil. On a vu l'interieur du Chateau de Versailles et le petit village de Marie Antoinette. C'etait magnifique, je voulais etre dans le dix-septieme ou dix-huitieme siecle avec une grosse robe. Le chateau est vraiment beau. On a rentre chez la mere de mon pere d'accueil. On a fait un fete pour son anniversaire. Amanda a joue de son ukulele pour tout le monde et j'ai jouee ma chanson que j'ai composee sur le piano.
Le lendemain matin, quand tout le monde etait a la masse, Amanda et moi avons explores la ville de Saint Germain. (Nous avons ete dans un faubourg de Paris.) J'ai achetee des fleurs pour la grand-mere. Au dejeuner j'ai recontree une soeur de mon pere d'accueil avec son mari et leurs enfants. Amanda a confirmee qu'elle crois que ma famille d'accueil est tres belle. En fait, beaucoup de monde qui voient les photos de ma familles et pensent qu'elle est belle. J'ai la chance, non? ;) Bref, plus tard on est rentre a Bourges. Lundi matin Amanda est rentree chez elle (en france). J'aidecouvert que ma famille va aller dans sa maison de vacances au Mayet de Montagne. J'ai me depechee faire mon valise encore. La maison est super jolie, j'ai eu l'impression que j'etais dans un film european. La maison est grande, il y a une maison dans un arbre, une balancoire, une piscine, et trois anes! C'etait le cadre d'un reve.
Mardi j'ai fait de la luge avec mes freres et ma soeur d'accueils qui etaient la. (Charles, Etienne, et Benedicte.) Plus tard on es alle a une station de ski. On a dejeune la et apres on a fait du ski.
Le lendemain on a reveille plustot pour aller a une station plus grande. Avant de partir, ma mere d'accueila recu de mauvaises nouvelles. Sa tante est morte ce matin. J'etais surprise surprise que l'on a continue la journee comme projete. On a skie entre deux et trois heures avant de dejeuner et plusiers heures apres dejeuner. Le soir on a rendu les affaires de ski et on est rentre a la maison de vacances.
Jeudi on a reste a la maison. J'ai aidee Benedicte a faire son devoir de maths. Je m'etonner de savoir me souvenir de faire de maths que j'ai apris l'annee derniere. Je n'ai pas de cours de maths cette annee.
Vendredi, le fin de ma deuxieme semaine de vacances, on est rentre a Bourges er on y est reste pendant le week-end. Mes parents d'accueils sont alles a Rennes vendredi soir pour l'enterrement de la tante d'Anne-Catherine. Ils sont rentres samedi soir avec la mere d'Anne-Catherine.



On a reparti ensemble a Rennes dimanche. Les petits garcons, Therese, Anne-Catherine, sa mere, et moi. Ma grande soeur d'accueil etait deja la. Nous sommes restes chez la grand-mere toute la semaine. J'ai vu la ville de Rennes, j'ai recontree beaucoup de cousins et tantes et oncles de ma famille.
Jeudi on a fete l'anniversaire d'Anne-Cecile, ma grande soeur d'accueil chez la marraine de ma mere. Le lendemain on a fait un jeu du laser. Ce soir Benedicte, Louis-Marie, est mon pere d'accueil sont venir a Rennes.
Samedi nous avons fete l'anniversaire d'Anne-Cecile encore une fois. Plus tard j'ai demande a ma mere d'accueil si je pouvais rester chez eux jusqu'ua debut de juin. Elle est d'accord! Ce fait quatre mois chez ma premiere famille, cinq mois chez ma deuxieme famille, et mon dernier moi chez ma premiere famille encore. Je ne peux pas imaginer d'avoir moins de temps. J'aime beaucoup mes deux familles et ca va etre dur de repartir. Je vais pleurer, je le sais deja.
Dimanche je suis rentree a Bourges dans une voiture avec Louis-Marie et mon pere d'accueil.
J'ai realisee que j'ai que quatre mois dans ce pays. Je vais partir le fin de juin... c'est beaucoup trop tot. Je vais me sentir que je ne peux pas laisse ces gens que j'ai recontree. J'ai vu beaucoup de chose et j'ai recontree beaucoup de gens. Je ne peux pas quitter cetter place. Particulairement quand je ne sais pas quand je vais voir mes familles encore. Les autres etudiants etranger non plus. J'espere que mes familles vont etre dans ma vie pour toute la vie. Ils vont avoir un morceau de mon coeur.
Bon, bref, j'etais tres occupee pendant ces vacances, c'etait vraiment genial, je suis contente et tres reconnaissante de ces opportunites.

No comments:

Post a Comment