Friday, December 28, 2012

Vacances de Noel (part 1)

This week was the first week of Christmas break.

Saturday the 22nd of Decemeber I slept till about 3 o'clock in the afternoon, and I have no idea why. Sunday I moved in with my second family. My first host parents drove me the second family's house and left pretty quickly. I was shown to my room, had a tour of the house, and settled down in the living room for coffee and initial conversation. In my new host family I have nine brothers and sisters, quite the change from having one sibling. Only the four youngest children live at home but everyone is here for the holidays. After coffee I went to my room to unpack and afterwards we all went to the lake to play some football (soccer). By this time I had decided that I really like this family as well! Everyone is very welcoming and nice. We returned to the house to play a board game and eat dinner.

The next day was Christmas eve, so at about 10 at night we walked to the giant cathedral down the street called St. Etienne. The service was beautiful and ended at midnight. We came back home for some hot chocolate before going to bed. Christmas day, after we ate breakfast, we all went into the living room to open presents. The family went to mass again but I stayed home to relax. Later I was able to skype a friend and my family. The next morning I woke up throwing up at 4 am, and stayed up till just after 7 when I was throwing up again and my host mom brought me a bucket and water and a change of bedding. I didn't eat anything except for a bit of bread until dinner that day. Luckily I felt fine by the time I went to bed the following night. Today another exchange student from the USA came over and we hung out acting like American teenagers: We watched countless youtube videos and spent hours on facebook, 9gag, tumblr, etc.
Tomorrow I will be going to the Alps with my first host family to learn how to ski. I know I will fall a lot and I wouldn't be surprised if I hurt myself.

Hurrah for new families and adventures!
We'll see how this skiing thing goes..

No comments:

Post a Comment